The Right Texas Driving School for You
The American Safety Council® offers driver’s ed courses approved by the state of Texas and the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TLDR). State-approved courses are available for both teens and adults so they can satisfy Texas driver’s license requirements. Here is a list of what is offered by Texas Driving School online through the American Safety Council:
- Self-Taught Online Driver’s Ed
- Parent-Taught Driver’s Ed
- Adult Driver’s Ed (ages 18 and older)
- Defensive Driving for Driver Safety
The secure e-learning platform provides an efficient way for students to earn their licenses and begin driving. The American Safety Council is a trusted industry leader in online education courses and guarantees the lowest prices and highest customer satisfaction. Texas Driving School is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has placed thousands of satisfied and qualified drivers on the road.
Texas Driving Requirements
Who is eligible to take the driver’s ed courses? Here are the requirements that need to be met to enroll in the courses:
- To take the self-taught or parent-taught online courses, a student must be at least 14 years old.
- To take the adult driver’s education course, a student must be at least 18 year of age.
- Students must pay the required fee.
- Students must bring proof of identity to the local Texas DPS (Department of Public Safety) location.
- Students must present proper documents showing US citizenship or lawful Texas residency.
If you are 18 or older, you are also required to have proof of Texas vehicle registration and liability insurance on all vehicles you own and consent to be photographed or fingerprinted. More information can be found in the Texas Driver Handbook.
Beginning the process is simple—within minutes the course becomes available, and students can start right away. Simply fill out the Texas Online Driver’s Education form and enter contact information and create an account. Students will receive an email to verify the account.
Texas Driving School for Teens
Here are step-by-step directions for teams to take online driver’s ed and start the process of becoming a licensed driver. Be sure to pay attention to the paperwork items and bring all of the necessary TDLR forms when you apply.
- Register for the Texas Self-Taught Online Driver’s Ed Course or Parent-Taught Driver’s Ed.
- Download and complete the online application and mail it to the TLDR (only if you take the parent-taught course).
- Complete the first unit of your course.
- Complete your permit exam online.
- Once you complete the exam, you’ll receive your certificate of completion. Bring the certificate (which is free) to the TDS office and apply for your first learner’s permit (If you’re 15 or older you can apply after completing the first unit of the course).
- Complete all course material.
- Accumulate 44 hours of driving time.
Not only are the written exams available through the Texas Driving School but the driving course is also available as an added feature.
Texas Self-Taught Online Driver’s Ed
Texas Online Driver’s Ed is a TDLR-approved self-taught driver’s education course for teens 14 to 17 years of age. Taken 100% online, this course provides: